Thanksgiving Jell-O Shots
The Jell-O shots, we love them! They are cute, fun and dangerously delicious.
They are gaining popularity year after year, and for many reasons! We can let go of our imagination and prepare them in a thousand attractive ways. We become more creative to disguise them in the colors of the most popular holidays of the year. Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Christmas and Halloween are just a few... but Thanksgiving is no exception.
Cranberry sauce inspired Jell-O shots? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We tried it and they turned out so cute and festive!
Here are the Jell-O cranberry shots that will make your guests happy this weekend ... and maybe the next weekend ... and the other ... and the other after that one too !
- 2 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 (3.4-oz) packets cranberry flavored Jell-O
For the frosted cranberries
- Inmediumsaucepanover medium heat, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and stir until sugar dissolves completely. Let cool 20 minutes, then mix in cranberries until coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberries, tapping away any excess syrup, into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add remaining 1 cup sugar, seal, and shake until cranberries are completely coated.
- Spread out cranberries on a baking sheet and refrigerate until cranberries are completely cool and sugar hardens, 30 minutes.
For the shots
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add Jell-O mix and whisk until completely dissolved, then remove from heat and stir in vodka and 1 cup cold water. Let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 20 plastic shot glasses on a baking sheet and pour in Jell-O mixture until each is full.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Top each shot with 1 or 2 sugared cranberries.
- To garnish, you can cut small pieces of rosemary and add them to the top of each shot after they’ve set.
Note that you can serve shots without alcohol (Uh really, what’s the point?).
To make “virgin” Jell-O shots, simply pour some of the Jell-O into cups before adding vodka. Make a few for the kiddos attending your party... or not. Muhahaha!
Who want some shots?
I need to try this!
Ahh these sounds delicious! I think I will have to test them out (a few times) before thanksgiving. You know, to make sure I get the recipe correct 😜
Fun and so pretty too!!
We used to make jello shots all the time before! Hahah, it was such a great addition to a party.